Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Birthday!!!





Today was a very special day. It was Lily's 6th birthday. More importantly though, it was her first REAL Carley-style celebration birthday. Last year, we hardly acknowledged her birthday. This was in part due to the emotional drain of having recently arrived home from a 19 day, foreign country expedition, with a sweet souvenier...Lily - our newly adopted, non-English speaking daughter, who was still trying desperately to decipher what in the world was going on!

However, one year later...BAM! We did it right: streamers, balloons, birthday plates, hats, Chinese lanterns hanging from chandeliers, etc. Even her American Girl doll, Ivy, wore her "B'day wishes tee" to celebrate Lily's special day. Last night I prepared homemade cinnamon rolls and boiled eggs (her favorite - the eggs not the cinnamon rolls), and birthday songs and wishes started rolling in around 8:00 this morning. Lunch was another favorite - Ramen noodles. Then the kids and I went to Kids Rule, a business that specializes in large, indoor inflatables. Great fun was had by the kids, and I worked on an application to have Lily screened for dyslexia - something I have discovered over the past year as I have homeschooled her. To top of the day, Tim and I went to the Asian Market and purchased some good eats. It made her one happy little girl. Before bedtime I asked her what was her favorite thing she'd eaten all day...boiled egg. Isn't that crazy?

We have a cute b'day video that I'm going to try and publish later. I am having some technical difficulties w/ it at present, so don't hold your breath waiting:)

1 comment:

  1. so fun, mary margaret! it's amazing how far she's come in a year!

    ReplyDelete