Monday, July 25, 2011

9 months later



I might just have to work backwards through our year, b/c although my last post stated that I had gotten the hang of posting pictures, I found it to be quite time consuming tonight to get them posted in the correct order, so I after a while, I quit. Here are the ones I settled on for tonight, mostly in chronological order, but not completely.


Happy New Year!



This past year we hosted a New Year's Eve party w/ my sister's family. It was great fun for families to get together and have a way to celebrate the New Year w/ their kids. (We didn't actually ring in the New Year - the party ended at around 10:00 p.m. That was plenty late for my crew.)



Happy Valentine's Day


We celebrated Valentine's by going to IHOP for breakfast - a BIG treat. We never eat out, so the kids loved this. We also had our homeshcool Valentine's party, and that's where this picture was taken.




Legally Adopted in the USA


Although Lily was officially adopted in China, it was recommended that we re-adopt her in the USA. This process allows us to have a birth certificate w/ mine and Tim's names and our state, etc. It also helps us get her social security card and any other important legal documents for Lily.



Many, many cousins...

We went on a family field trip to Folsum, LA to the Global Wildlife Center. This facility has zebras, giraffes, bull horn cows, camels, llamas, kangaroos, etc, and you can hand feed some of the animals or feed them by extending a cup of food. It's amazing fun! The giraffes put their heads into the wagons/jeeps and eat right out of the food bucket. This picture shows all the cousins except one on my side of the family.




Easter Traditions




Cousins on Tim's side of the family enjoy decorating a bunny cake every year. Usually it's very ugly by the time the little ones quit decorating. Somehow, this one managed to turn out ok.





MY FAVORITE PICTURE OF THE YEAR - (maybe)

Every child loves stickers, right? So, one morning I find Lily is sporting this shiny gold sticker. Can you guess what it says? (Oh, how I wish my camera could have zoomed in enough to show the lettering!!) "Made in CHINA"





Beach Babe








July 4th, 2011


This will always be a special day for us. Our gotcha day was July 4, 1010. It's incredible to look back at the pictures from a year ago and see just how much Lily has blossomed. She's mighty cute in that picture if I do say so myself.





Watermelon at Nana and Daddo's pool
What more needs to be said?


Here's where the pictures are no longer in order. Enjoy them all the same.



Maybe Father's Day (?)

I think he's a mighty fine daddy:)


English Tea and Scones...



...our lunch to celebrate the Royal Wedding.




Barbara Bush at our local convention center.


I was sincerely hoping that although we couldn't get tickets to the luncheon (They sold out immediately after the phone lines opened.) that I could at least let the girls see her. Security was crazy, but we did get to glimpse her from the parking lot.

Maybe Mother's Day

I am a mighty lucky mother:)




That's all I have in me tonight. Hopefully soon I'll sit down again and fill in the gap from October to New Years and also type out my thoughts/perspectives on this last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment