Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Friends, I cannot begin to express to you how WONDERFUL it is to be home!!! Our flight from Detroit to Hattiesburg was just ok - I was feeling pretty puny by this time, and we had a mean stewardess (She loudly scolded Carrie Mac for getting up to use the restroom because the seatbelt light was still on - poor CM was humiliated and exhausted by this point in the trip!) However, landing in Jackson was fabulous. I practically ran through the airport with Lily in the stroller trying to get to Molly Kate, Annie, my parents and Tim's parents. I was elated to see them!!! Thankfully the feeling was mutual, and they were all just as excited to see all of us too. Lily recognized our parents from Skype and from pictures that I had sent to her about a month ago in a care package, and she seemed happy to meet more of her new family.

My parents were able to rent a 12-passenger van for the day, which was also a big blessing because we were all able to ride home together. When we arrived home, my sweet friend JJ had arranged for a "welcome home" gathering of some friends and family. It was perfect! My mom and I talked about how neat this was not only for Tim and me, but also for our girls to see the body of believers rejoicing with us! Everyone visited about 20-30 minutes, and then they all went home. When I walked inside, I got to enjoy my home decorated with these adorable Chinese lanterns and a beautiful boquet of lilies - compliments of my mom. Those of you who know her, know that this is SO like my mom. She really is blessed with the gift of giving/hospitality! I love my lilies. They smell good, look beautiful, and I've been wanting some beautiful flowers since Mother's Day - all of you who get to see Tim will have to ask him about the "flowers" he got me!!

Sunday night we ended up having cereal, some goods that my next door neighbor grilled for us - sausage and bacon wrapped chicken, etc., did some unpacking, laundry, baths, etc. (Molly Kate, Annie and Lily were cute in the tub. I wish I didn't think they were too old to take pictures of in the tub, cause it was cute. By the way, Lily LOVES the bathtub!) We got all the kids to bed around 9:00 p.m., and Tim and I followed a couple of hours later. I did get 2 suitcases unpacked that night and 3 loads of laundry done, which was also great. (I know I'm boring you with details here, but it's therapeutic to relive that accomplishment.)

Praise God we all slept well. Lily is a great little sleeper. From what I have read, often times, sleep can be one of the biggest issues with adopted kids, and we are very thankful this doesn't seem to be a problem with her. I haven't had to get up with her at all yet.

Yesterday, we all seemed to wake up around 7:00 a.m., and we had a lazy morning. Tim ran up to Corner Market for eggs, bacon, and blueberry muffins, and we had a great family b'fast. It was so nice to have my whole family around one table. Lily didn't eat much, but maybe that's because we didn't to pull out the noodles and seaweed! Most of yesterday, Lily was entertained by her sisters and our neighbors. We have lots of little girls in the neighborhood, and she was a big hit! We also watched a good bit of TV - America's Funnies Home Videos (you don't have to understand English to think that stuff is funny) and Kit Kitteridge. I finished unpacking us and doing the laundry, and Tim took care of the yard (I know our neighbors are thankful). The day ended with a delicious meal (care of Stephanie Weathers and Nancy Shows) and one more episode of AFV - Lily fell asleep in my arms.

The great news is that Lily seems to really like home and really like Annie and Molly Kate. The not as great news is that she still is doing 180's with Tim - liking him one moment and then pushing him away the next, and she's not so sure about our cat and dog. With the pets, it's like she likes them from a distance, but we've even seen improvement over the last 24 hours. Meg prayed yesterday at lunch, and it was too cute. She prayed, "please help Lily to bond with our animals and Dad." Tim and I got a laugh out of that one.

Jet lag hit us last night. Tim, Carrie Mac, and I were awake at 2:00 a.m., and Meg did some sleep walking last night. Thankfully, we all went back to sleep, but the sleep was kind of restless for Tim and me. I think we'll probably enjoy a Tylenol PM tonight.

Tim's done some research online this morning, and the "doctor" has diagnosed Lily with scissor-gait CP. Sometime today we're calling UAB International Adoption Clinic to schedule an appointment there for Lily. They'll access her physically, mentally, emotionally, etc., and they'll provide recommendations for treatments, etc.

One of Lily's favorite things in our house is our piano. I think I mentioned in an earlier blog that her fine motor skills are fabulous, so maybe we have a piano prodigy in the making. I'm sure she will take lessons - after we've mastered English.

Our biggest prayer request is for bonding for Lily and Tim. We have so many praises - we had safe travel, Lily is healthy, she has bonded with me, we're home!!! we got to sit together on the plane, we have wonderful family and friends!!!, all our girls seem to be adjusting well with this change...and I know I'm neglecting to mention some.

Thanks for praying!

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to meet sweet Lily! We will continue to pray that she snuggles up to sweet Tim in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete