Monday, September 20, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes...

There have been a few funny sayings from Annie since we've been home with Lily, and I forget to post them in my last writing.

After we got home from our UAB appointment, we walked in the door, where Annie rushed to meet us and said, "Does she walk like us now?" Then, when she saw Lily still walking with her scissor-gait, she disdainly said, "How come she still doesn't walk like us?"

This same conversation occurred after I had taken Lily up to Oak Grove School for a quick evaluation by Special Services.

And yesterday, when we were getting ready for church, Lily and Annie were in the bathroom while I was putting on my make-up, etc. Lily began exploring my vanity drawer and was asking, "What's this?" about items in there. She asked about my lotion, chap stick...and she would say, "Schmells good." Then she smelled my fragrance free face lotion and said, "Schmells good." I told her it didn't smell. Annie, innocently said, "Maybe flat noses can smell it." (I hope this doesn't offend anyone - remember Annie is 4! At this house, that's funny.)

1 comment:

  1. These are too funny! So glad to hear things are going so well. ya'll are in our prayers!

    Jessica Kent

    ReplyDelete